Friday, May 17, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday (May 17)



















Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee and Allison Can Read, and gives bloggers a topic to discuss each week while discovering new blogs.


Q:  School is out!  (or almost out)
      What is your favorite Summer Reading book?


There was no required Summer Reading at my high school.  I read plenty of books during the summers, though.  I grew up in a small town, where the library was within walking distance, so I always had something to read.  Plus, in my bedroom, I had, not a bookcase, but a bookdrawer full of books.  


I don't recall any particular favorites for summer reading.  As a teenager one summer, though, I do remember reading Dracula on vacation at the beach.


I adored the Nancy Drew books that I read.  They are probably the reason why I am such a fan of mysteries to this day.  I also loved Walter Farley's Black Stallion books.  I encouraged my daughters to read books in both series, but they weren't interested.  I was crushed - lol.




That's enough from me.  What about you?  

What is your favorite Summer Reading book?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMENTS from GOOGLE+



Jessica aGREATread

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
There wasn't required reading for me either. Just suggested reading, which I never did honestly! I had my own books I wanted to read! Although I do remember reading Dracula at one point and then the summer after high school I read the full version of The Count of Monte Cristo after reading the abridged version!

Here's my Follow Friday



Have a GREAT weekend!

Old Follower :)

Thanks for hopping in!  I'm following you back!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Nina Waters

1 month ago (edited)  -  Shared publicly
Nancy Drew seems to be a popular choice for this week!

Thanks for following. Followed through Bloglovin!
Nina @ The Bookish Confections
 · 
Reply

Thanks for hopping in and following me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Amber Hodges

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
Following you on Bloglovin'! Good choice!!

Amber

FF
 · 
Reply

Following you back - on Bloglovin' and Twitter.  Thank for the visit!  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Marilyn Phillips

1 month ago  -  Shared publicly
Dracula was one of my favorite reads when I was younger. I still love the Paranormal.

New Follower via GFC and Linky
 · 
Reply

Thanks for the visit and the follows!  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------